My client is looking for a product owner with strong knowledge in Dodd-Frank/ CTFC and experience in change to join their team for 12 months.
- Be responsible for the implementation of Dodd-Frank CFTC re write requirements from a regulatory operations perspective.
- Responsible for developing the ongoing strategy for Reg Ops’ key controls in the trade reporting reconciliations, quality assurance, and other key initiatives for the implementation
- Proactively engage the industry stakeholders (e.g. DTCC, e.g. ISDA, e.g. other Swap Dealers) to help shape the function’s direction in a competitive manner and optimise level of understanding of broad themes of focus, pipeline changes and best practice and wider strategy.
- Awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Key role in U.S. Regulatory Operations team to define and deliver on strategic direction for the regulatory regimes managed out of the U.S., which include certain regional Americas regimes. Regimes include Dodd-Frank CFTC, Canada, Federal Reserve, and Colombia.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Responsible for executing and supervising the processes and controls for US Regulatory Operations.
- Ensure that the U.S. Regulatory Operations’ process and controls are well defined, documented and operating effectively through oversight of offshore teams, with appropriate business continuation planning, ‘load balance’ coverage and a focus on cost optimization in terms of wider team structure.
- Rationalize regulatory changes impacting FM (Financial Markets) Operations’ processes and controls and follow through with oversight to post-implementation.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans with line manager.
- Lead role in developing the US FM Regulatory Operations team key skillsets in a structured framework that provides visibility on progress, gaps and direction.
- Manage relevant regimes’ risks and issues, and ensure they are visible across relevant governance.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group, as well as an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them. This includes identification of key issues and risks for US Regulatory Operations team, and responsible to put in place appropriate controls and measures.
- Act as a Regulatory Operations US’s regulatory regimes’ risk control owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework from an operational process ownership perspective.
- Responsibilities relating to the direction, planning, structure, frameworks (e.g. processes and policies) and oversight. For example, Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for the management of the following stakeholders: Operations, Technology, Compliance, Legal, COO team, Front Office (Trade/Sales), regulators, external vendors and other external stakeholders as applicable.
- Act as a lead point of operational contact for all stakeholders to the relevant regimes.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in US Regulatory Operations team.
- Ensure an ongoing strong understanding of the regulatory transaction reporting landscape, and post-trade regulations and requirements. This includes a strong familiarity with Dodd-Frank and other regulatory regimes overseen by US Regulatory Operations team.
- Effective ongoing understanding of OTC derivatives and other products as needed.
The perfect role
for you? Don’t hesitate…