Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The Operations department provides all operational support functions for the Company’s businesses such as fixed income trading and sales, Japanese and European equity trading and sales, Derivatives, Treasury management and other new business lines developed by the Company. Operations plays a key role in delivering an optimal, full-spectrum service for all clients and is structured by product and aligned to support all businesses as appropriate in trade capture, reference data mgmt., cash management, securities and cash reconciliation, settlement, Corporate Action processing, tax reclaims, collateral mgmt., client valuations, trade & transaction reporting and confirmations. In addition to the day to day workflow, Operations also supports all of the ongoing business and industry driven projects within the Company as well as any new product development with the business lines in conjunction with other control units and the companies International’s Information Systems Department.
To process all products that originate from the MHI trading floor, this will include both OTC and Exchange traded Derivatives. The role specifically requires a working understanding and knowledge of Regulatory Reporting requirements framework across MiFID and EMIR. The candidate must be flexible and able to work to tight deadlines but maintain the very highest standards. All departmental reviews, objectives and training plans will originate from this role. Ultimately the purpose of this role is to service the MHI client base to the very highest standard and create a centre of excellence for Operations.
- To act as an SME regarding Regulatory obligations under MiFID II / EMIR II
- Daily monitoring to ensure Trade & Transaction Reporting (FCA) has been instructed correctly and within regulatory deadlines and reconciles.
- Real-time monitoring of the Trax/Bloomberg/TradeEcho MiFID II Trade & Transaction Reporting GUIs.
- Exception management on BAU to ensure regulatory deadlines are met.
- Liaise with ISD/Legal/Compliance to implement various tactical & long term strategic solutions in the reporting framework.
- Involvement with Regulatory Project work as required in MIFID II/EMIR II & obligations and upcoming SFTR developments & SI Reporting requirements.
- Complete daily Reconciliations of EMIR OTC & MiFID II
- Monitor daily Real-time MiFID II potential clearing breaches; escalate to FO/line manager if necessary.
- Enhance the current Governance & oversight framework with our EMIR outsourcing agent.
- Analyse the Trade & Transaction Reporting impact as part of the NPC Risk Assessment process
- Standardise any operations tasks and embedded into the consolidated Trade & Transaction Reporting procedure.
- Attend various industry forums & working to obtain the latest regulatory developments.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
All employees of the Company at whatever level of seniority have responsibility on a day to day basis for ensuring that there are clear and appropriate reporting lines between them and others for whom they are responsible and that any delegation of duties is to suitable persons, subject to appropriate supervision and monitoring.
All employees are required to fully comply at all times with the Code of Conduct, and in particular the First Tier Individual Conduct Rules. As such employees must:
- Act with integrity.
- Act with due skill, care and intelligence.
- Be open and co-operative with the FCA and PRA and other regulators.
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct.
To apply please email your CV to the following consultant:
020 3763 3912