Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
This is a multi-faceted position which provides support to meet regulatory and business objectives related to implementing information management practices across the bank. This position will be responsible to understand, partner and orchestrate with different business, operational and technical teams to first understand how information is being used and help drive successful delivery/execution of regulatory practices.
- Lead and manage projects.
- Responsible for managing a project from business case formation through to production implementation. This includes scoping, planning, executing, resourcing and monitoring assigned project(s) to keep on schedule and on budget.
- Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing issue resolution process, and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Develop strong partnership with the Business Owner and Vertical Lead to ensure successful delivery of project(s).
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with all levels of stakeholders, including Executives. Able to prepare/present to senior level executives with appropriate level of information/duration.
- Effectively manage the project to scope/schedule/budget and challenge respective stakeholders as needed.
- Manage the relationship between technology and the business at the project level.
- Analyze project risks, issues, costs, and benefits and make relevant recommendations to business and IT leadership. Provide and implement action plans to mitigate risk when applicable.
- Develop detailed project plans to manage the end-to-end project activities, interdependencies and execution approach.
- Define purpose, clear roles, tasks, milestones, budgets, and measures of success.
- Lead and roll out process improvements by working with ePMO and other Project Managers in the PMO.
- Mentors/assists junior PM’s to learn and gain working knowledge in all areas of project management.
- Manage financial delivery and issue management processes, escalating issues and variances to budgets where necessary.
- Plan and maintain project financial data monthly.
- Build and foster a collaborative working environment amongst project team members.
- Working knowledge of audit and regulatory practices; ensures projects they lead are 100% compliant with the client standards.
- Manage multiple integrated complex Enterprise projects simultaneously with no supervision.
- Possesses advanced leadership skills in influencing and communication.
- Sets priorities under conditions of limited resources and competing demands.
- Considers contingencies for the unexpected when planning long term work initiatives.
- Drives creative, innovative ways to deliver complex projects.
- Able to drive multiple intersecting projects through to success.
- Builds credibility, establishes rapport and maintains communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Defines and initiates projects, directs Project Managers to manage cost, schedule and performance of component projects while working to ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the program.
- Works to understand big picture and/or piece things together and considers both long/short term impact of work to the whole.
- Can switch from detail to big picture seamlessly.
- Ability to work in a Global Delivery Model with resources based in various geographic areas such as US/India.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Solid experience in large scale change efforts which are comprised of projects, portfolios and/or programs including change management aspects of delivery across multiple geographically disburse teams.
- Experience in financial services including CCAR experience. Fraud/Risk and Payments Preferred, Core Banking, Transaction Banking and Infrastructure Experience preferred. FinTech and/or fast paced technology environments as well as solid related business experience.
- Demonstrates advanced skills in finance, cross-cultural awareness, leadership, and communication at all levels of the organization (multiple forms), influence, negotiation and conflict resolution. Is seen as a leader within the organization, across Business, IT and at SVB.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of plan development and execution, scope planning, schedule management, cost estimating and control, quality planning assurance, organizational planning, project communications, risk identification/ response control and management
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of project management methodologies and tools (multiple methods), resource management practices and organizational change management techniques.
- PMP Certification is required.
To apply please email your CV to the following consultant:
020 3763 3903