Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Type: Contract, Full time
On the Global Markets and ALMT perimeters, and on a global basis
- Product Control is responsible to ensure that trade representation is in line with internal reference during all the lifecycle of the products, including fixing management (Term-sheet or similar). In order to ensure this responsibility, Product Control -
- acts as independent validator of the complex operations, and in particular, ensures they are valued with the appropriate model and accounting scheme at initiation and during their lifecycle,
- relies on Trade Processing function on vanilla products.
- In accordance with the Charter of Responsibility on Valuation defined within the Group, Product Control is responsible for the accuracy of the economic result calculation for the Business, Risk and Finance departments. To do so, the team is in charge of P&L production and analysis, performance reporting to management, and controls on Valuation in cooperation with Group Risk Management and Finance.
- Product Control contributes to the Monthly FACT reporting to Finance, ensuring proper controls have been performed and guarantee the accuracy of the P&Ls.
- Product Control acts as a second level control function for the benefit of Heads of GBLs and ALMT to monitor that trading activity is conducted within a specified framework.
- Product Control acts as a second level control function on trading contribution to market indices for the benefit of Heads of GBLs and ALMT, OPC and Compliance.
- Product Control is part of the control framework for valuations (“Independent Price Verification” process) and Anti-Fraud. As a consequence, Product control is the point of contact for operations on valuation, risk or trader mandates related issues.
- Product Control contributes to the projects related to Finance or regulatory requirements.
- Product Control contributes to some transversal projects related to their mandate (WW Program Blue, FBL/Volker Rule implementation….), and other one-off related analysis as necessary.
- Product Control sponsors the main transversal projects related to their mandate (e.g. XTarget, FORMA, FEBUS….).
- Management of flow of new trades and amendments from Front Office systems (MAD, STAR, MarkitWire) to Back Office system (Murex), manually booking and amending in Murex where necessary.
- Reconciliation between Front Office systems (STAR, MarkitWire) and Back Office system, checking Present Value are in line.
- Working with Middle Office P&L and confirmations teams to reduce operational risk and maintain highest levels of support for each portfolio.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with other internal clients such as legal, marketers, trading & back office.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of rebooking initiatives and migrations
- Oversee all reconciliations and reports in the area and investigations are completed on a timely basis.
- Dealing with queries from back-office, marketers and clients, relating to booking discrepancies.
- Provide cover for other members of the Trade Support team when necessary, ability to flex between teams depending on daily volume and demand.
- Management of Options (expiry report, checking confirmations, processing etc).
- Contribute to the implementation of new system functionalities and raise IT requirements for bug fixing or system enhancements when possible.
- Participate in Transversal projects.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive and dynamic attitude to complying with deadlines and objectives.
- High degree of interest in product and process issues affecting the department.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritise workload and escalate issues to management.
- Have strong interpersonal / communication skills.
- The candidate must display a very professional attitude and be willing to work long hours if the workload is high.
- Exotics Rate Derivatives
- Exotic Options
- Credit hybrids
- Credit Structured
- Team Spirit
- Motivation and Commitment
- Change Management
- Technical Business Knowledge
- Controls and Production
- Results Orientation
- Analytical and Organisational skills
To apply please email your CV to the following consultant:
020 3763 3912