Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Type: Contract, Full time
The Operations department provides all operational support functions for the Company’s businesses such as fixed income trading and sales, Japanese and European equity trading and sales, Treasury management and other new business lines developed by the Company. Operations plays a key role in delivering an optimal, full-spectrum service for all clients and is structured by product and aligned to support all businesses as appropriate in trade capture, reference data, cash management, securities and cash reconciliation, transaction processing, money transfer, income processing, tax reclaims, collateral, client valuations, and confirmations. In addition to the day to day workflow, it also supports all of the ongoing business projects within the Company as well as any new product development with the business lines in conjunction with other control units and the company’s International Information Systems Department.
Administration of the trade flow generated by sales and trading staff in all products. Assistance with the introduction and development of Front Office systems.
- Responsible for trade upload and trade allocation of Equity trades in Fidessa/Fixed Income in Bloomberg;
- Close liaison with trading and sales staff, offering a high level of trade support;
- Monitor and process bond and Equity and CB trades in Omego CTM; Bloomberg STP
- Liaison with clients regarding trade queries;
- Liaison with settlements teams for booking and settlement queries;
- Daily reconciliation, investigation and resolution of trades between the front office systems, Murex and Gloss;
- Assistance with Front Office systems development;
- Review and update middle office procedures;
- Intraday monitoring of trade support interfaces in Gloss and Murex;
- Monitoring unallocated trades to ensure all trades are allocated by latest T+1;
- Completing EOD Flash report and riskless principle to ensure trading positions are flat;
- Monitoring unsettled transaction report for domestic equity trades before settlement date;
- Trade matching in TRAX with clients;
- Take a keen interest in the Operations Transformation strategy and through delivery, demonstrate commitment to change:
- Simplification: Simplify any and all complex, inefficient process’ and show demonstrable improvement
- Licence to Operate: Influence outside of immediate remit, by promoting best in class control environment
- Licence to Operate: Own the control environment for securities, ensuring all operational risks are understood and remediated
- Licence to Operate: Ensure that all handoffs to other departments are understood, and managed effectively
- Engagement: Promote an inclusive culture, breaking down silo’s and building a collaborative culture within Securities, and look to influence the broader Operations culture
- Engagement: Build and maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders and clients – act as an ambassador for Operations at all times
- Transparency: Alongside other departments, develop, and deliver a full suite of KPI/KRI , thus providing transparency of departmental performance.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
All employees of the Company at whatever level of seniority have responsibility on a day to day basis for ensuring that there are clear and appropriate reporting lines between them and others for whom they are responsible and that any delegation of duties is to suitable persons, subject to appropriate supervision
All employees are required to fully comply at all times with the Code of Conduct, and in particular the First Tier Individual Conduct Rules. As such employees must:
- Act with integrity.
- Act with due skill, care and intelligence.
- Be open and co-operative with the FCA and PRA and other regulators.
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct.
To apply please email your CV to the following consultant:
020 3763 3912