Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Type: Contract, Full time
Reporting to the Financial Controller in Europe, and providing support to the finance teams in London and Dublin, the role will primarily comprise the day-to-day management of the systems and controls for the Accounts Payable function.
- Working in a team of two alongside global finance teams you will manage the automated Cor360 accounts payable system for London and Dublin.
- You will help manage controls and processes linking Cor360 to the accounts payable module and general ledgers in Oracle PeopleSoft.
- Manage the BACS and SEPA payment processes and payment runs in Oracle PeopleSoft.
- Manage payment relationships with EU vendors and deal with credit control enquiries, reconcile material vendor accounts.
- Provide UK and Ireland support for the global expenses system (Concur/Amex) and related payments, working with the central U.S. expenses team.
- For Luxembourg and Ireland funds: process limited Eur payments for the company fund entities via HSBC net and help to record the related accounting entries.
- Understand the basics of the UK and Ireland VAT recovery processes; help ensure all accounts payable driven VAT entries are correctly captured in the ledgers.
- Regular liaison with head office AP (Chicago) to ensure EU processes are in line with global processes, and implement controls to ensure invoices are handled in the correct location in the systems.
- Run expense or other reports as required and be able to present expense data in a usable format; using excel or other systems.
- Post supporting journals to the general ledger as required, for example invoice allocations to cost centres via an excel upload.
- In the medium term, look to take on month end tasks as directed by the financial controller, for example calculation of accruals and prepayments and posting to PeopleSoft, fixed asset depreciation entries, and so on.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong IT skills in a finance environment are essential, in particular intermediate Excel skills.
- Corcentric (Cor360) and Oracle PeopleSoft experience preferred, or experience in a similar automated AP environment.
- Experience of multi currency ledgers and foreign payments essential.
- Bookkeeping / general ledger experience required.
- HSBC net or equivalent online corporate banking experience required.
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in a global or pan-European organisation preferred.
- An eye for detail, and very well organized.
- A self starter with a strong desire to learn and understand, particularly the systems than Citadel use; confident to seek the help and support of finance colleagues.
- Confident in communicating with fellow employees and external vendors.
- Professional in approach to work.
- Enjoy taking responsibility and improving processes, always wanting to do things more efficiently and always thinking proactively about improvements.
- Takes pride in the role and the work done.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Enjoys working under pressure and able to plan work to meet internal deadlines
- Bachelors Degree
To apply please email your CV to the following consultant:
020 3763 3912