Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Reporting to the Group COO, role is responsible for supporting the Investment Committee which has been set up to manage governance, risks, financials, and reporting for 2018 Investment spend of €90 million across 6 Portfolio Boards covering commercial, resilience and regulatory initiatives. Role will ensure that a consistent and effective approach to project management is achieved. Potentially manage service and function PMO’s to ensure consistency.
- Organize Investment Committee in holding Programmes accountable to deliver on time, budget and quality.
- Ensure Investment Committee has information required to make informed decisions.
- Communicate Investment Committee decisions and agreed actions across the business and group.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Demonstrate and practice adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, the timely implementation of internal and external audit points.
- Adherence to change standards, and communication of these to programme stakeholders. This role ensures these are met through monitoring and tracking of programmes
Management of Risk
- The role acts as a risk mitigating function by monitoring the delivery risks across the portfolio and ensuring these are adequately managed
- Takes action to reduce the impact and probability of risks, escalating where necessary.
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
- Maintains collaborative and trusting relationships with diverse stakeholders, effectively overcoming challenges and positioning alternatives to move the project or programme forward.
- Continuously adopt a pragmatic, flexible and responsive approach.
- Apply tools and processes to effectively identify and quantify project-level risks, proactively communicating their impact with stakeholders.
- Creative solutions regarding use of tools to support reporting and data requirements
- Manage the annual portfolio budget process and perform regular financial reviews to track and measure performance against plan.
- Work with portfolio managers to provide accurate resource demand and supply data.
- Act as point of financial review for all business cases and change requests.
- Work to ensure adherence to the Group Standards for governance, risk management, and Change Framework.
- Responsible for the implementation of processes, policies and best-practice for change management.
- Enforce standards across the portfolio to ensure transparency on key deliverables and dependencies.
- Create and maintain a change roadmap for the portfolio showing both external and internal key milestones and dependencies – proactively driving out, tracking and reducing risks.
- Quality assurance (QA) of data used for management reporting purposes, received from Programme, Portfolio, or Project Managers.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong planning, organisational, and coaching skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the proven ability to work effectively with all organisational levels.
- Excellent at managing and influencing a wide network of stakeholders, including senior management, who can influence and build relationships.
- Willing and able to challenge customers and stakeholders to better understand their needs.
- Expert knowledge of financial, risk, and project management methodologies and tools.
- Excellent documentation skills; ability to create high quality steering committee materials.
- More than 5 years of project, programme, portfolio or PMO management experience.
- Global experience – working successfully with teams in multiple locations simultaneously.
- Experience and knowledge of large scale, global, change programmes and portfolio management.
- Experience in large investment banking or financial services organisations.
- Background in working across a number of different sectors both business and IT related programmes.
- Knowledge of technology estates and technologies desirable.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
To apply please email your CV to the following consultant:
020 3763 3903