Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Type: Contract, Full time
Within GT&O the London Asset Services department are responsible for event types relating to equity and fixed income products, for the UK, European and Emerging Markets. They manage a variety of clients such as Proprietary Trading, Prime Brokerage, Stock Loan, Yield Enhancement and external counterparties who trade with MLI.
The role is within the voluntary election team servicing demanding clients who require accurate information as soon as possible. Many of the event driven funds actively trade around corporate actions and need intricate details of the corporate action and for deadlines to be as competitive as possible compared to our peers in the industry. Accuracy and ensuring deadlines are met are key to ensuring the firm does not suffer financial or reputational loss.
- Collate and interpret information on corporate action events received from our agent banks and various feeds.
- Reconcile positions and accurately process events on the key processing date.
- Collate elections received from clients and instruct agent banks on voluntary issues.
- Arrange funding for subscription events.
- Monitor incoming queries to ensure they are answered accurately and on a timely basis.
- Monitor reconciliations and escalate risk where necessary.
- Maintain risk within the levels set by the management team.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Financial Impact awareness – appreciates the risk impact of actions undertaken.
- Displays a high attention to detail and demonstrates ability to meet deadlines.
- System Knowledge: Ability to quickly learn new processing systems.
- Prioritisation: Ability to prioritise heavy workloads and work efficiently under pressure. Plans to ensure deadlines are met.
- Analytical: Excellent reconciliation skills.
To apply please email your CV to the following consultant:
020 3763 3912