Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The Global Collateral Operations and Client Services function is responsible for the day to day management of all clearing service collateral requirements, as well as internal investment support and reconciliations. The team covers both the cash and non cash collateral function and is currently made up of 20 FTEs based in London, New York and Sydney.
- To action the timely collection of margin payments and receipts, escalating late payments and issues with cash-flow as per procedures.
- Oversight and monitoring of intra-day cash flow
- Investigation and escalation of delayed calls or cash breaks
- Cover distribution process to compare liabilities to assets lodged with the clearing house
- Monitor and manage the instruction and settlement of securities
- Take a lead on settlement issues and resolve through accordingly
- Monitoring and sweeping of cash across internal accounts for funding and investment
- Matching internal repo trades with counterparties
- Interaction with front office investment to ensure cash flow (in/out) is reflected on investment balances.
- Reconciliations of member balances and nostro accounts
- Investigation and escalation of failed trades or reconciliation breaks
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly reconciliation break reporting
- Interaction with members on a daily basis to ensure funding requirements are met
- Communication via email and phone with members
- Managing queries in a timely manner
- Produce member presentations
- Operational incidents are recorded in the incident management system, ensuring the tracking and resolution of all open incidents, escalating where appropriate.
- Escalation of all large operational incidents to management
- Production of daily, weekly and ad-hoc MIS for internal and external interested parties.
- Involved in small operational change items from design through to implementation.
- Co-operation in UAT planning and execution.
- Ensuring procedures are reviewed and maintained as a result of service change, continually look for ways to improve current processes and procedures.
- Ensuring you are always following the defined procedures and maintaining a good level of KPI’s.
- Quarterly operational procedure reviews.
- Assistance in annual auditing where require
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in Collateral/Treasury Operations in Cash/Non-Cash Management
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and awareness of LCH role in Market
- Good knowledge of commercial banking and working to currency cut off’s
- Self-motivated, diligent and escalates appropriately
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Possess a high drive for success
- Ability to interact with members/clients
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in written form, to internal and external parties
- Able to support colleagues and take the lead where necessary
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- CSDs/ICSDs e.g. Euroclear
- Microsoft suite (Excel / PowerPoint / Word)
- Microsoft Excel Specific (Advanced / Macro level)
To apply please email your CV to the following consultant:
020 3763 3912