Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The role in question is that of a Senior Associate within the Rates Operations and Client Services team, and will be responsible for working as a key point of contact for all operational matters, ensuring a high standard of adherence to all processes and controls. In addition to monitoring the health and integrity of the SwapClear, SwapAgent and Listed Rates services, the role requires individuals to lead and oversee market-wide portfolio maintenance and life-cycle events such as various compression offerings, portfolio transfers and physical bond deliveries. The role is a highly visible one, working closely with Risk, Technology support functions and the wider Business (Sales, Product, PMO, COO), and will also require working closely with external stakeholders such as members, clients and trade venues. The team is the single point of contact/first level of escalation for external stakeholders and has the ultimate responsibility of ensuring a positive experience in respect to the SwapClear, SwapAgent and Listed Rates services. The role requires individuals to work closely with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure queries and issues are followed through to resolution. There are significant growth opportunities for the business and as such the role would suit a highly motivated individual who is keen to work in a dynamic environment.
- Oversee operational processes such as trade receipt, event management, margin runs, backloading cycles and start of day batch process.
- Execute post trade life cycle events such as portfolio transfers and compression activity.
- Use MS Excel/ MS Access to streamline processes and implement tactical solutions to enhance the control framework.
- Liaise with key stakeholders (both written and oral) to ensure member/ client/ trade source and exchange queries are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Opportunity to host Webex demos of SMART, SMART for Compression as well as other member/ client training requests as required. Build and maintain strong relationships with our member, client, matcher/ Exchange and SEF communities.
- Act as the single point of contact for member, client, matcher/ Exchange and SEF queries across all things SwapClear, SwapAgent and Listed Rates.
- Proactively monitor the performance of the environments and work with IT to facilitate issue resolution, analyse root causes of problems and communicate with members regarding issues and system outages.
- Participate in relevant Smoke Testing and quality gate exercises ahead of SwapClear and Listed Rates releases in preparation for support of Member Test
- Daily use of Synapse, ALC, Murex, MNP, and Clearview.
- Escalation point for issues across Production and Onboarding environments.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree qualified
- Strong experience (3-5 years) within operations in a clearing organisation, investment bank or similar financial background
- Practical experience of Interest Rate Swaps
- Basic knowledge of Exchange traded Interest Rate and bond products would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to understand technical complexity of the full end to end trade and clearing process.
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills, with good attention to detail
- Strong computational skills such as MS Excel
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proactive and driven
- Able to manage workload/ priorities themselves and demonstrates ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of central clearing, in particular SwapClear would be advantageous
To apply please email your CV to the following consultant:
020 3763 3912