Job Type: Permanent, Full time
This attorney will be a member of the GCO, located in Singapore office, with responsibility for providing legal advice and guidance on all matters relating to businesses and operations in countries within the APAC region, including contracts, transactions, regulatory matters, corporate governance matters and intercompany matters.
- Manage and cover all legal matters relating to businesses in the APAC region and advise business counterparts and other stakeholders on legal matters.
- Coordinate effectively with members of the GCO in other regions as necessary for seamless legal coverage.
- Review, draft, negotiate and advise on a wide range of commercial contracts, including professional service agreements, outsourcing and other vendor contracts, data, software and technology license agreements and non-disclosure agreements, as well as various types of membership documents.
- Respond to internal and external queries regarding contract matters, including contract interpretation issues, breaches and disputes.
- Identify, evaluate and advise management concerning any contract matters impacting the assigned businesses.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and contract processes.
- Handle other routine corporate matters as requested.
- Engage with other members of the legal department and outside counsel, compliance, finance and other functional areas as necessary to support all of the above.
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
Leadership Competencies for this level include:
- Strategic Thinking: Effectively translates the vision into specific business objectives, thinks of different ways to do things and through all angles to provide insights and develop strategies that guide future decisions.
- Organizational Savvy: Understands the businesses products and service offerings, as well as key stakeholders, and demonstrates the ability to form and cultivate internal networks that will help navigate getting things done.
- Leading Change: Embraces and adapts well to changing circumstances, identifies areas of needed change and employs many methods to drive those activities to meet organizational goals.
- Financial Acumen: Understands business financials and has the ability to work with complex data and information, and adopts practical and workable approaches.
- Team Building: Builds teams by quickly establishing relationships and drives a team identity and shared purpose based on diversity of thought, skills and personalities.
- Inclusive Leadership: Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years of active legal experience with general corporate matters.
- JD or LLB and current license to practice law (Singaporean law license strongly preferred)
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts and executing and managing transactions.
- Experience at a highly rated full-service law firm strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting clients in the financial services industry strongly preferred.
- In-house experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with corporate governance matters.
- Experience with financial regulations and corresponding with regulators.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and legal and business judgement are required.
To apply please email your CV to the following consultant:
020 3763 3903