Location: Dublin, Ireland
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The Systems Director is critical to the success of this team accountable for setting the company technology strategy as well as overseeing the day to day operation and performance of critical IT services. They are also responsible for the management of key outsourced IT services including, ensuring these services are delivered in line with business requirements via legally binding service agreements and accompanying service level agreements. Additional responsibilities include managing aspects of the day to day technical relationship with the ESMA Supervision team.
- Develop and maintain the business technology strategy which meets the current and future needs of the business.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, approve technology projects related to the strategic direction of the TR systems and infrastructure. Keeping stakeholders and parties (e.g. General Manager, CCO, and internal audit and risk departments) appraised of the status of key projects and initiatives and escalating unresolved issues as required.
- Oversee the operation of systems ensuring they produce the desired results consistent with the overall strategy and mission as well as relevant regulations and TR license conditions.
- Assess material changes in technology ensuring designs continue to meet business and regulatory requirements including operational separation, performance, reliability, availability and security. Propose such changes to the Senior Management for approval.
- Develop and maintain a legally binding service level agreement (SLA) for all critical IT services outsourced to the client or third parties. Regularly review the performance of IT services against the SLA, sponsoring remedial plans where required and escalating unresolved issues to the General Manager.
- Engage in IT incident management acting as the business stakeholder, confirming impact & urgency, approving remedial actions that have a business impact/implication and tracking satisfactory resolution. Lead IT problem management acting as a key business stakeholder, agreeing and tracking satisfactory preventative/mitigating actions to prevent repeat occurrences. Ensure appropriate incident, problem and change management policies, procedures and standards are implemented, maintained and adhered to within IT.
- Act as a key business stakeholder in the IT change management process, approve high risk changes, extended maintenance and ensure appropriate regulatory notification.
- Assist in the planning and execution of DR testing and review/approve results tracking remedial action where required. Ensure appropriate disaster recovery policies, procedures and standards are implemented and maintained within IT. Participate in the software defect management process, promoting the company’s interests and ensuring risk and impact is fully understood.
- Act as the business representative for activities involving major system enhancements or redesigns. Approve plans and designs confirming they meet the business requirements and notify regulators as required.
- Work with Project Manager, IT, and Product Management to ensure new and existing systems meet regulatory, operational quality and processing standards. In addition, create non-functional (especially service and performance) requirements for BRDs working with the Product team.
- Track the installation and maintenance of hardware, including servers, routers, mainframes, virtual environments and any other computer hardware necessary to support the business.
- Set out requirements for the capacity and performance planning process, approve capacity plans, attend quarterly reviews and track the implementation with relevant IT teams.
- Review and endorse the IT quality assurance policies, procedures and standards and the availability of suitable lower environments. Review documentation associated with IT projects including business requirement documents, functional and technical specifications and test plans.
- In conjunction with the PMO, contribute to the project planning process and act as a business advocate regarding changes in project scope or schedules.
- Ensures appropriate information security and access right policies and procedures are implemented and participate in the approval and review processes to ensure adherence. Coordinate with the Technology Risk Management Department to ensure that the systems are secure and that any security vulnerabilities are monitored and promptly corrected once identified.
Leadership Competencies for this level include:
- Strategic Thinking: Effectively translates the vision into specific business objectives, thinks of different ways to do things and through all angles to provide insights and develop strategies that guide future decisions.
- Organizational Savvy: Understands the client’s products and service offerings, as well as key stakeholders, and demonstrates the ability to form and cultivate internal networks that will help navigate getting things done.
- Leading Change: Embraces and adapts well to changing circumstances, identifies areas of needed change and employs many methods to drive those activities to meet organizational goals.
- Inclusive Leadership: Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Information Technology or Computer Science to degree level. ITIL v2 or v3 - minimum foundation qualification.
- Working knowledge of new technologies such as cloud and distributed ledger technology.
- Ability to align the goals of business and technology and act as a translator of terminology.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure during incidents.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, analytical and communication skills.
To apply please email your CV to the following consultant:
020 3763 3901