Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The Product Management Director leads a team of Product Managers, supervises, and assists in business analysis and documenting requirements of moderately complex initiatives with a primary focus on the book of work made up of regulatory, compliance and client experience driven projects. The position will over see and sometimes draft and present business requirements to both internal and external stakeholders for ratification, in addition to coordinating with cross-functional resources to achieve project objectives and representing the business in various industry led forums on projects and new initiatives. The role also facilitates and leads external working groups composed of major industry participants that help advise on requirements and design options.
- Lead small regional team within Product Management for assigned product area(s).
- Work with the regional product management lead and business to deliver on the specific initiatives prioritized and budgeted for the region.
- Collaborate with product management peers globally to ensure best practice and core principals are understood, adopted and implemented in regional initiatives.
- Collaborates with client support teams and technology partners (both Application Development and Enterprise Infrastrucuture) on delivering new capabilities and enhancements.
- Facilitates and leads external working groups and other relevant subject matter working groups.
- Manages achievement of project deliverables and includes coordinating efforts of a variety of functional areas to ensure projects are completed on time and budget and within a quality framework.
- Assists in product training efforts for all touch-points to both internal and external customers, inclusive of documentation, publications, E Training tools, FAQ’s.
- Monitor project budgets for specific initiatives / projects.
- Review / oversee user stories generation.
- Ensures the product development methodology process vis a vis specific projects is followed, i.e, ensures stage-gate process is followed (specific internal methodology)
- Expected to be SME in an area of the product and, where required, to attend meetings with clients to help with product area of expertise.
- Identifies potential risks to achieving project objectives and elevates to appropriate management.
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
Leadership Competencies for this level include:
- Leading Teams: Is able to effectively lead teams to drive delivery.
- Strategic Thinking: Effectively translates the vision into specific business objectives, thinks of different ways to do things and through all angles to provide insights and develop strategies that guide future decisions.
- Organizational Savvy: Understands the business products and service offerings, as well as key stakeholders, and demonstrates the ability to form and cultivate internal networks that will help navigate getting things done.
- Leading Change: Embraces and adapts well to changing circumstances, identifies areas of needed change and employs many methods to drive those activities to meet organizational goals.
- Financial Acumen: Understands business financials and has the ability to work with complex data and information, and adopts practical and workable approaches.
- Team Building: Builds teams by quickly establishing relationships and drives a team identity and shared purpose based on diversity of thought, skills and personalities.
- Inclusive Leadership: Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent viewed favourably.
- Regulatory reporting knowledge would also be considered favourably.
- Derivatives and/or Security Finance product knowledge.
- Strong business analysis and communication skills.
- Familiar with the “Agile” approach to project management as this will be deployed on most projects going forward.
To apply please email your CV to the following consultant:
020 3763 3903